Electrical and Electronics Engineering is one of the prestigious branches of Engineering. The modern state-of-the-art technology leads to the fact that an Electrical Engineering graduate will fit in all corporate sector. The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at K.Ramakrishnan College of Engineering (KRCE) was established in the year 2008 with an in take of 60 students. The Department progressed in its intake to 120 students in the year 2013. The Department was accredited by NAAC with “A” Grade in the year 2016. The department has R&D center approved by Anna University, Chennai for Conducting Research Programs. Our department has produced number of University Ranks from its inception.
The department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering has been offering a full time 4 year B.E. degree course since the inception of the institution in the year 2008 and two year full time M.E. Degree programme in Power System Engineering since 2010. We have sound infrastructure facilities like full-fledged Electrical Machines lab, Power Electronics and Drives Lab, Electronics devices and circuits lab, established research laboratories with latest equipment and experimental setups like power quality Analyzer. We have well established library, digital library for online journal access with high band wifi internet facility, dedicated and well qualified faculty team and technical supporting staff are the highlights of the EEE Department.
To emerge as a renowned department for high quality teaching, learning and research in the domain of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, producing professional engineers, to meet the challenges of society.
- To establish the infrastructure resources for imparting quality technical education in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- To achieve excellence in teaching, learning, research and development.
- To impart the latest skills and developments through practical approach along with moral and ethical values.
The PEOs of the programme are,
- PEO1: Have strong foundation in Electrical and Electronics Engineering to excel in professional career, in higher studies or research.
- PEO2: Analyze, design and develop various interdisciplinary projects and products, to solve social issues.
- PEO3: Have professional ethics and effective communication skills with life-long learning attitudes.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- PSO1: Use logical and technical skills to model, simulate and analyze electrical components and systems.
- PSO2: Integrate the knowledge of fundamental electrical and electronics, power electronics and control systems for the controllability, reliability and sustainability of the electrical systems.